How to NOT be well known
- Use "copyright infringement" as an excuse to remove free promotion by others.
- With these videos removed, fewer people would know about it, and popularity dropped
- People who have heard about the takedown might have lost interest about the subject that has been removed and would boycott any future releases of the subject concerned, or even the party that has requested the removal
- If (1) doesn't happen, they might just block it, place ads, or mute the audio.
- Limit viewing to only certain countries and a few others. People from countries outside the allowed places can't view them, even if the person viewing it is form the allowed country, but on a holiday or working/studying overseas.
- Making multiple point of views of the same timeline of events to fill in the gaps.
- Annoying/Unnecessary/Redundant dubs/subs. And maybe make a lot of alteration from the original, including changing the opening and ending themes.
- Targeting only certain markets, and ignoring those from elsewhere despite popularity