634th post: The joys of traveling alone
Yes. I do have experience with that.
Well, sure the planning can be a pain, but you can plan it to your schedule without the need to
also suit other people's schedule. Sometimes, they can't even confirm anything until closer to the day, which is bad if the flight or accomodation has yet to be book as cheap and convenient options would be unavailable to you as they are likely to be fully booked or exceeded the latest eligible date.
If you have ever looked at a booking system for the best routes/time/cost, you would notice that even booking a flight of the same route on a date can cost a lot different than the dates surrounding it. This is why flights should be decided before deciding on the exact dates. Also take note of the time of departure and arrival: depending on the airport, you could save some hotel money by just sleeping at the airport for less than a full night's stay. However, some people would not want to do this.
- No argument over where to eat/go
- Not worry about someone being at the hotel room if not together
- Not going to where you want just because the other doesn't want to
However, there are negatives with travelling alone:
- No one but unfamiliar people to talk to (not necessarily a bad thing)
- Have help by someone you know is troublesome